Friday, January 21, 2011

Unpacking the ole' apron

WHOOPS, went a whole 4 days without blogging.  My bad.  Not even sure what I've been doing this week because I'm behind on my studying too.  Seriously what the heck did I do this week? My brain really has turned to mush from all this anatomy memorizing and working out.  Probably also from watching American Idol.  Steven Tyler's shrieks are liquifying my brain matter.

Ok so I know one thing I HAVE done this week is make progress on the job search front.  I definitely, maybe, probably have a job one night a week at an awesome little bar in Lakeview/Roscoe Village hosting a Euchre night! This is going to be pretty awesome.  I MC the weekly tournament at The Waterhouse Tavern (RIGHT off the Paulina Brown Line stop, great location), give out prizes, mingle with the players, give out shots when people successfully go alone (my idea!) and get paid for it!! Pretty baller.  The only catch is that I have to bring a lot of people in for it.  This shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just from my first facebook message I sent out I had over a dozen people tell me they were interested.  If all those people bring a partner that's 24 people, not including whoever I can attract from listing it on brokehipster.com, drinktown, local tourist, etc.  The girl I met with said they just had to work out the details on their side and would let me know when I can start next week.

Of course I'm going to need something more than once a week, so I'm gonna go to some open calls at some Wrigleyville bars next week too.  Everyone is starting to hire for Cubs season so I should be able to find something.  I'm strangely very excited to start cocktailing again! Mostly I think I'm excited to have some cash in my wallet, but I honestly have a lot of very fond memories of the ole' Comic Strip Live waitressing gig I had back in NYC.  If I can find something that awesome again that would be so amazing.  Cross your fingers!!

Only two more weeks left of Kiss Me, Kate! Still enjoying it when I'm there but also SO ready to move on.  When this show opened I hadn't even had my Thanksgiving tofurky yet! Now it's almost time for Superbowl chicken-less chicken wings! That is a long run and a lot of fake meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment