Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tweetle-lee-deetle-lee-dee!

Ok, so I hate to start my first real blog post talking about theatre when this is sort of supposed to be my anti-theatre blog, BUT since I just saw a SWEET PIECE OF THEATRE I've gotta mention it.  Hypocrites Pirates of Penzance at the Chopin Theatre was SO MUCH FUN that it has set a really good bar for me.  If I'm not always having that much fun doing theatre then I shouldn't be setting my little toesies on the stage.  That's enough about that.  Go see it.  It runs Wed-Sun until 1/30.

But ok, this blog is NOT about theatre! I sure fooled you! SO here are some other thoughts on some other subjects:

Twitter!
Last night I joined the twitter.  It is very confusing and I still don't understand a lot...ehhhh....most of it. I find it slightly annoying that I can't "like" someone's tweet. But a very cool thing I've discovered! I had a few friends who I thought fell off the face of the earth (meaning they no longer updated their facebook statuses), but it turns out they've just been twiddlin' around twitter! I love that I can once again see what these people are up to!! However I do promise to all my facebook friends that this will not happen with me.  I will keep my facebook and twitter accounts N'sync like Bone Thugs in Harmony.

Speaking of Justin Timberlake, the real reason I joined twitter was of course so I could stalk celebrities.  Do you know of any good celebrity twitter feeds I can follow? I've already subscribed to the obvious, Stephen Colbert, Oprah, Kathy Griffin...  who else is fun and will make me chuckle as I wait for the bus?

Ok I had a lot of other topics I was going to get my blog on about, but it's getting late and I've burned way more calories today than I've eaten so I'm going to get some donkey chips, watch Grey's Anatomy and wait for the boy to come home from work.  Nighty night!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dri,

    Patrick here. Alyssa Milano tweets several times daily. She also doesn't believe in celebrities self-promoting themselves on Twitter. Meaning her tweets are actual interesting things she finds/wants to share instead of "Hey friends buy my new CD!". She often re-tweets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patrick! I've also discovered Kristen Chenoweth and Audra McDonald are both pretty addicted to twitter. Chenoweth is a little cray-cray though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO HAPPY YOU JOINED THE TWITTER!!!!!
    along with the entire cast of modern family (especially @thebabylilypad), you must follow....
    @whitegrlproblem
    @dearblankplease
    @patsajak

    ReplyDelete
  4. @conanobrien

    I don't do Twitter (except at work), but I go to his daily. Even though I've never watched his show.

    ReplyDelete