Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wiping the dust off my poor blog!

Oh my poor neglected blog!! It's been so long that Blogspot even fell off my "top pages" on my home screen.

Lots of good news to report! Most importantly, I got an internship/front desk position at an AWESOME AWESOME gym called TeamiFit in River North! It's a small facility that teaches lots of group fitness classes and has one on one circuit training programs during the day.  To start off I'm just going to be working the front desk since I'm not certified to do anything else, but said they can discuss a training program for me to become a trainer and/or group fitness instructor once my certifications are in place!!  SO exciting!! This place seems really great too.  It's small and independent, they have an adorable yorkie that walks around like it owns the place, they have a lot of really dedicated members and their class offerings seem so fun! I can take as many classes as I want for free so I'll definitely be getting my kickboxing and zumba on!


I'm scheduled to take my NASM Certified Personal Trainer exam on March 7th at 12pm!! The countdown has begun.  I just took the practice exam this afternoon and scored 86.67% (you just need above 70% to pass) but I had to guess a little more than I would have liked, so I have some more work to do.  I'm about to spend 4 days by myself at my parent's house in Michigan while they're on vaycay, so I should be fine.  

Alright, it's grub time.  I'm going to play in an organized dodgeball league tonight!! It's my friend Jeremy's league but he's out of town and I'm just playing as a sub, so I literally will know no one.  It should be fun...or just really awkward.  Plus I haven't played an organized sport of any kind since...6th grade? I think that's right.  But it's time to put this "athletic" body I now have to good use! Hope I don't get too many bruises...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment